Friday 24 April 2015

Extremely Useful Smily Bag - the next chapter

A long time ago on a crazy rock far far away I made a bag. I called it the Extremely Useful Smiley Bag. It had a place for my stuff and a place for the stuff I still needed to carry for Big Trouble who was almost 3. I have used that bag EVERY SINGLE DAY for almost two years. It has been half way round the world with me. It has been extremely useful and made me smile. In short it has delivered everything I could have wanted and more.
 
 
But now I don't need to carry stuff for Big Trouble very often. He is almost 5, at school most of the time and more than capable of putting his most prized possessions (usually sticks and stones) in his own pockets. And, my bag is disintegrating before my very eyes! Very soon it will be decidedly less useful.  
 

So I made a new one - Ta Da!


No large wet-wipe-packet-sized pocket this time. But pockets for pens and my mobile phone in the hope that I won't have to grub round in the bottom so often. No popper either because it just got on my nerves. It is a little smaller - mostly because this is how big the fabric was. But it definitely makes me smile and I have high hopes for it's extreme usefulness.


So, what's a girl to do when she has made a new bag. Hang it up around the garden and admire it of course!


But never fear, the first bag will not go to waste. After a good wash it will move on to pastures new and hold a crochet project extremely usefully, and continue to make me smile.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the old bag but the new one is gorgeous! I love how you've trimmed it with the orange fabric. Feeling very inspired now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old bag but the new one is gorgeous! I love how you've trimmed it with the orange fabric. Feeling very inspired now :) xx

    ReplyDelete