Friday 1 November 2013

Kirstenbosch Botanic Garden

What does a family of five need after a 4 hour train ride, a 1.5 hour taxi ride and a 10 hour overnight flight? 
 

Space!


Space to run.


Space to jump.


Space to step.




Space with sculpture.





Space with benches to lie on.


Space with fabulous planting.





Space with wildlife.



Space with a view over Cape Town.


Space hidden under the eastern side of Table Mountain.


Space with a hothouse.


Space with amazing bonsais.



Thank you Kirstenbosch for giving us the space we needed to regroup in Cape Town.

Oh, and all that adventuring might just mean you need space to fall asleep in the middle of your carpet picnic...


xx

3 comments:

  1. :D I'm afraid I can totally emphathise - I feel awful after overnight flights, I don't sleep at all and my legs feel so cramped. (Naturally, my boyfriend falls asleep the second the wheels come up and only wakes when breakfast is served.) Glad you found such a lovely space to reawaken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... I've always wanted to go there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I was so spaced out I just wandered around being vaguely appreciative. I didn't really take in the details!

      Delete