Friday 5 July 2013

Apple scones



Nicky asked for my apple scone recipe, so here it is:

2tbsp sugar (any kind, I usually go with brown)
2tbsp butter/marg
2 eating apples
12oz self raising flour (OR 6oz self raising flour, 6oz brown flour, 1tsp baking powder)
1 egg
60ml milk

Sorry about the terrible mixture of metric and imperial but I'm a mixed up kind of baker.

Preheat the oven to 180C.
Cream the butter and sugar.
Grate the apples (with or without the skin depending on the fussiness of your audience)
Mix the apples into the sugar and marg.
Add the flour and egg and enough milk to form a soft but not sticky dough.
Flour the surface and press out the dough gentle to about 4cm thick. Cut circles with a small/medium cutter.
Bake for 10-15 minutes.

Gobble.









The fairies and pirate have been showing Grandma their footprints at the millennium forest.

xx




3 comments:

  1. Ooh yum! Thanks for sharing - I'm aiming to give this a go over the weekend and I'll let you know how it comes out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple scones sound lovely. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I would love to gobble some, and may try making them soon. I was reading your last post and wondered if newspaper wrapped parcels are really ok to send in the post? I suppose if the address is clear, that's all that should matter? The idea of recycling newspapers like that appeals to me! xCathy

    ReplyDelete